Thursday, July 14, 2011

This One's For Fred...

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I must first of all apologise for my abysmal blogging efforts over the last couple of months. I am vowing right now to make a change. Ok, good.

So I got back from my trip back to England just last week, and let's just say, it was pretty much the best visit home ever! I was determined to make it an unforgettable trip because I knew it would be the last time my whole family would be together for at least 2 years, as my brother will be leaving in the next few months. I don't want to bore you with every detail of every day I spent there, but just know that it involved "BUNNIES EVERYWHERE!!" way too much chocolate, late nights discussing ways to sneak attack my dad with water balloons, road trips to the seaside: in both freezingly windy and baking hot weather, Manuel's delicious sandwiches, far too many trips to Sainsbury's, also Maidstone, Pokemon, herds of Bambi's, castles, robots in disguise, homemade Indian curry, classic 90s, classic Baldock, Vera our neighbour, apparently being way too bootylicious, quaint village churches, Wimbledon, and plenty of my bestest pal, Josh Baldock. (Whoa that sounded like a recipe... a pinch of salt, and lashings and lashings of milk!


Even going home for just 3 weeks really made coming back here so much harder. I feel like people are so much more American than before. I am making another vow right now. I will forever say "trousers" and "loo" and I will always, always, pronounce "herb" with an "h".

Today, particularly, makes me miss England more than ever. You know why? Because today is the end of an era. Goodbye Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Goodbye Hogwarts. Goodbye Fred. Goodbye Voldemort. Tonight at 11:59, will be the end. And yes, of course we're dressing up. Because that's what we do. More to come tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment